2014 VetEx Trip and Expedition Schedule
In 2013 VetEx ran over 30 trips across the United States getting hundreds of military veterans outside and earning the honor of 2014 National Geographic Adventurers of the Year. In 2014, our schedule is going to be even bigger as we hike, paddle, fish, climb, mountaineer, and mountain bike across the nation as our VetEx Teams truly experience the “Land Defended”. In 2015 we plan to send a team of VetEx veterans on a summit attempt of Denali, the highest peak in North America. In 2016 our goal is to put a VetEx team on the tallest mountain that can be climbed. Get out with VetEx in 2014 and experience veteran run, veteran led trips and expeditions.
1. January 4-5 Ice Climbing Ouray Ice Park CO with VET
2. January 21-25 Outdoor Retailer Salt Lake Utah
3. February 1-2 Ice Climbing Ouray Ice Park CO
4. February 6-7 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
5. February 10-11 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
6. February 15-16 VetEx East Ice Climbing Weekend North Conway NH
7. March 3-7 VetEx SCMO Montana Ice Week
8. March 13-14 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
9. March 24-25 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
10. Many more 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe winter trips and summer work trips as well
11. March Ice Climbing Ouray CO Trip TBA
12. May 24-25 Memorial Day Weekend Local Rock Climbing meet-ups in CO, WA, NY.
13. June 2nd annual Browns Canyon Float and Climb Salida Co 3 days 15 vets TBA
14 June Colorado Climbing Week TBA
15. July Mountain School WA TBA
16. July 9-16 Alaska Program (Trip is Full)
17-19. July/August Pacific Northwest Volcano Climbs as Special Events
Mt. Hood OR
Mt. Rainier WA
Mt. Shasta CA
20. July 2nd annual Veteran Outside Adventure Film School WA TBA
21. August VetEx East hiking, climbing, and fishing week NH and MA TBA
22. September 4-14 9/11 5th Annual 9/11 Climbing Series. The Pickets Traverse Climb ending on Glacier Peak North Cascades WA
23. 4th annual Veterans Day Climb Joshua Tree CA
24. Mountain Bike Team to run 3 or more race in 2014 April-September CO, AZ, UT
*More trips will be added and trip dates updated as the information is available so check back regularly
Please email [email protected] for more information or to reserve your slot for any of these trips. All military veterans are eligible. DD214 and filled out applications required. You can mail applications and DD214′s to the address below or email to [email protected] Please note that this schedule will be updated on a regular basis as trip dates confirm and current conditions become known. In general, all trips are at no cost to military veterans except for travel to and from a given trip and in some cases a reserve your slot fee. Our larger trips and expeditions may require that you have been out with VetEx prior to attending these more expensive expeditions. Reserve your slot today as many of these trips will fill-up.
1031 E St.
Salida, CO 81201