Current Trip and Expedition Schedule
2014 VetEx Trip and Expedition Schedule
1. January 4-5 Ice Climbing Ouray Ice Park CO with VET
2. January 21-25 Outdoor Retailer Salt Lake Utah
3. February 1-2 Ice Climbing Ouray Ice Park CO
4. February 6-7 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
5. February 10-11 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
6. February 15-16 VetEx East Ice Climbing Weekend North Conway NH
7. February 22-23 VetEx East 2 Ice Climbing Weekend NY
8. March 3-7 VetEx SCMO Montana Ice Week with National Geographic Adventure
9. March 13-14 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
10. March 24-25 10th Mtn Hut Community Service Ski or Snowshoe Overnight Leadville CO
11. March 20th High West Oyster Fest, Boulder Theater, Boulder CO
12. April 26-27 Mountaineering Training Weekend Leadville, CO
13. May 24-25 Memorial Day Weekend Local Rock Climbing meet-ups in Colorado and New York
13. May VetEx Expeditionary Team goes for the Top of North America with a Denali summit bid
14. June 21-23 2nd annual Browns Canyon Float and Climb Salida CO
15. July 9-16 Alaska Program (Trip is Full)
16. July 19th Mt. Hood OR
17. July 21-25 Mt. Rainier WA
18. August VetEx East hiking, climbing, and fishing week NH and MA TBA
19. September 5-15 5th Annual 9/11 Climbing Series Mt. Massive to Mt. Shavano CO
20. 4th annual Veterans Day Climb Joshua Tree CA
21. Mountain Bike Team to run 3 or more race in 2014 April-September CO, AZ, UT
22. VetEx teams will be providing regular community service projects with 10th Mtn Huts through out the year
*More trips will be added and trip dates updated as the information is available so check back regularly
Please email [email protected] for more information or to reserve your slot for any of these trips. All military veterans are eligible. DD214 and filled out applications required. You can mail applications and DD214′s to the address below or email to [email protected] Please note that this schedule will be updated on a regular basis as trip dates confirm and current conditions become known. In general, all trips are at no cost to military veterans except for travel to and from a given trip and in some cases a reserve your slot fee. Our larger trips and expeditions may require that you have been out with VetEx prior to attending these more expensive expeditions. Reserve your slot today as many of these trips will fill-up.
1031 E St.
Salida, CO 81201
Veterans Expeditions 2013 Summer Schedule
All trips are open to all military veterans and are open until filled. Contact [email protected] to reserve your slot. We will be adding more trips to this calendar so stay tuned.
- Tuesday April 2nd at 6pm. The High West Oyster Fest Fundraiser for VetEx at the Boulder Theater presented by Jax Fish House and the Big Red F. http://jax.bigredf.com/oystermonth/
- Saturday April 27th 4pm – 6pm Fort Collins Colorado Happy Hour and Community Social at Edge Optics 706 S. College Ave Fort Collins (the corner of College and Laurel). Meet us there for refreshments and 2 short films.
- May 13-19 is the Veteran Outside Adventure Film School with Michael Brown. Boulder/Salida CO. Sponsored by the Sierra Club. https://www.facebook.com/VetExpeditions/posts/483770671688782 , Apply Here: http://www.adventurefilmschool.com/veterans_2013/
- Memorial Day: VetEx Pacific NW MT. Rainier. Olympia WA (this trip is full and you can sign up for the waiting list).
- June 4 – 6 3 Day Whitewater Rafting trip that includes intro to rock climbing with Dvorak and Friends of Browns Canyon. Salida CO. Sponsored by Jax/Big Red F.
- June 8th Salida Big Friggin Loop (SBFL) Mountain Bike Race 100+ miles. Salida CO. If you are an expert endurance military veteran rider, come ride with us. This will hurt some.
- June 16 VetEx MTB Race Team in FIBARK Mountain Bike Race. Salida CO. If you want to race with VetEx, let us know and we can make it happen. Beginner, Sport, and Expert classes. Sponsored by Jax/Big Red F.
- June 24 – 29 Colorado Mt. Olympus Training Sawatch Range Salida CO. You do not need to be on the September 11th climb to attend this training. Training is designed to build mountaineering skills needed for our future big mountain climbs. This is a multi-day backpacking trip in the highest mountain range in the lower 48. Sponsored by Jax/Big Red F.
- July 10 – 15: Trainings out of Salida Colorado. Mountain biking, hiking, climbing 14ers, training, and overall fun outside.
- July 27- August 10 Alaska fly fishing trip (this trip is full and we will run it again next year).
- August 13 – 16 VetEx East trip. The Presidential Traverse Gorham NH and Crawford Notch NH. Multi-day backpacking trip as a training for future big mountain expeditions.
- August 17 VetEx East Trip Charter Fishing Newburyport MA.
- August 22-29 Rocky Mountain National Park East Side by Jax/Big Red F.
- September 4-14 September 11th Climbing Series, VetEx Olympics and VetEx Glacier Peak
- September 14-26 VetEx Pacific Northwest Trips to Mt. Olympus, Glacier Peak, and Mount St. Helens this 9/11. Solidifying our expansion into the Pacific Northwest through getting local vets out climbing WA peaks.
- October 7-14 Rocky Mountain National Park week 3. We will hike what we missed over the summer. Sponsored by Jax/Big Red F. ****CANCELLED DUE TO LOCAL FLOODING*****
- November 11th Veterans Day VetEx Colorado will climb Mt. Elbert in Leadville CO as our “Not Your Average Veterans Day Parade”. VetEx Northeast will also run trips in the Gunks of New York. Email [email protected] for details.
1031 E St.
Salida, CO 81201